Many of those in the 40fit Nation are in week three (or longer) of city or statewide lockdowns, and dire headlines continue to dominate the media outlets. So Coach D and Trent are sharing today some ways they are staying positive and productive in the midst of the madness.
- Be purposeful with your media consumption. Maintain an analytic mindset about the facts, the source of the facts, and be aware when media is making an emotional appeal rather than reporting the facts (which is just about all the time).
- Make lists of the positive things in your life right now.
- Spend time in meditation or prayer. Carve out some space and time for quiet, solitude, and study or self-reflection.
- Maintain your routine. Even if you have to create a new routine, find a schedule that works and stick to it.
- Be productive. Take up a hobby. Do some yard work or spring cleaning. Read that book you’ve had on your list for a long time. You don’t have to be a superhero here, but getting things done brings a sense of accomplishment.
Lastly, give yourself some grace. Some people are suffering more than others right now, and these tips may seem impossible for those most affected by the virus and economic conditions right now. That’s ok. We are calling everyone in the 40fit Nation to do their best and stay accountable to each other, but we also need to be kind to ourselves and each other.
Connect with 40fit Radio
Leave A Comment